Welcome to McCormick County South Carolina.
Our goal for this website is to give you some insight into the county. It will give you information on everything from local political positions to schools, taxes, places to eat and stay, and then all the opportunities which exist here for recreational pleasure, relaxing, browsing through history, or simply reliving life at a simpler pace. The Website introduces you to the new county logo and brand statement. You will soon see why we are referred to as “The Natural Pace of Life”.
The McCormick County Chamber of Commerce is involved in many facets of McCormick County.
From promoting tourism in the county to providing information to prospective business owners and residents, the Chamber serves as an information clearinghouse and advocate for the county. We are always pleased to assist with grand openings, provide information to businesses and residents and point out area attractions for visitors and newcomers.
- Actively supports tourism and economic development efforts countywide
- Celebrates grand openings, ground breakings, and business milestones
- Serves over 200 visitors a month as the McCormick Welcome Center
- Mails out packets in response to web, e-mail and telephone requests
- Answers countless phone calls requesting information
- Represents McCormick County at regional tourism and business promotion forums and initiatives
- Creatively promotes local businesses and community events
- Hosts monthly breakfast drop-ins on the first Tuesday of each month
- Sponsors educational workshops, Women In Business Luncheons, and Annual Chamber Dinners
- Maintains the tourism information center for visitors, writers, and group tours
- Displays brochures from around the region, as well as attractions in the immediate area
Whether it’s helping with community events like Holiday On Main, Gold Rush Festival, Independence Day Boat Parade, Women In Business, or bringing in speakers on topics of interest, the Chamber of Commerce is always striving to bring economic growth to the area while conserving the county’s unique historical, cultural, natural and heritage resources.
For many visitors and soon-to-be residents, we serve as the welcoming hand to introduce them to our beautiful county. It’s what we love to do!
What is the Chamber of Commerce?
The McCormick County Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit 501(c)(6) organization. We work to unite business and professional leaders and firms, thus creating an advocacy agency for improving business and building a better community. Our Chamber members are individuals who come together to improve the community.
People Are the Chamber of Commerce
Chamber of Commerce members share a desire to improve the community in the following ways:
- Improve the conditions under which business is conducted
- Unite to accomplish collectively what no one could do individually
- Direct the energies of those who believe that a community worth living in is a community worth improving.
A great Chamber of Commerce creates an environment where businesses can prosper.
The Chamber was Originally formed in 1988 to protect commerce in transit, in our community marketplace, and to promote the sale of goods. Today, a successful Chamber of commerce recognizes all the factors which affect the community and adjusts it programs accordingly. Our ultimate goal is to enhance the economic, civic, and cultural wellbeing of McCormick County.