Chamber Membership has its privileges!
We are proud to offer a robust value that benefits a wide variety of businesses and organizations in our community. These benefits are listed below. Feel free to brows them. And when you’re ready, you can call our office at (864) 852-2835 or click here to join!
- Save money on everyday expenses with our Member2Member discount program. This program provides chamber members with the opportunity to offer discounts for products and services to other members, What a great way for our members to save money while supporting fellow members.
- Fax and Copy Services members receive a lower rate than non-members.
- Receive event and program discounts.
- Notary Public services are available to chamber members at no charge.
- Create a great direct mail campaign by using the Chamber mailing list or labels, which are available to chamber members at a nominal rate to target your advertising with the hottest mailing list in town.
- Conference room available to use for members is free; non-members pay a nominal fee.
- The Chamber is a WiFi Hot Spot that is available to members and visitors.
- Chamber members enjoy discounts on faxing and copying documents.
- Develop new business skills and knowledge by participating in Educational Seminars and Forums. Typically, one seminar is offered each quarter on a wide variety of relevant business-related topics.
- Enhance your working knowledge regarding legislative affairs, business development issues, and quality of life issues by serving on one of our committees.
Advertising and Promotional Opportunities
- Event and program sponsorship opportunities are always available. Sponsorships can be purchased on an event-by-event basis or your company can purchase an annual level to become one of our Chamber Sponsorship Partners.
- The Chamber Website ( www.mccormickscchamber.org offers members added promotional exposure and great advertising opportunities. Members are posted on the website in both Alphabetical and business category listings. Other features offered are a locator map, search keywords, and a link to your company website. For an additional fee, ad sponsorships are available. Please check out our “Members List” at: www.mccormickscchamber.org/members_list.php.
- Annual Membership Directory offers Chamber members promotional exposure through listings and sponsorships: categorical and representative listings for their business. In addition, advertising opportunities are available on the sponsorship pages of the Chamber Annual Membership Directory and McCormick County Newcomer’s Guide The Directory publication is utilized as “the Chamber phone book” among Chamber members and our Newcommer’s Guide is our community’s relocation magazine.
- The Chamberlink e-Newsletter offers our members advertising opportunities. In addition, the e-newsletter publishes our member’s successes in the “Business & People” section so that our full membership can celebrate your accomplishments…this feature is offered free of charge. Chamberlink goes out to our members on a bi- weekly basis. All members are invited to contribute events, notice of seminars, or any other notices that they feel would be of interest to their fellow members.
- As a new member, your company is listed in the e-newsletter.
- As a renewing member, your company is listed in the e-newsletter under the Chamber Anniversaries section recognizing the number of years your company has been a supportive member.
- The Chamber staff informs members of area events, items of interest, and updates on what the Chamber is doing.
- Ribbon Cuttings and Ground Breakings that celebrate the opening, expansion or relocation of your business are offered to Chamber members.
- Display your business brochures in our display area in the Chamber’s Visitor Center.
Networking and Sponsorship Opportunities
- Breakfast with the Chamber. The Chamber schedules monthly breakfast meetings. Members are invited to socialize and network with fellow members. The events are held at different locations, usually on site of the hosting business. It is the perfect opportunity to meet other members, make new friends, Chamber Staff, and Chamber Board members, and establish new business contacts in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Annual “Women In Business” Meeting Luncheon celebrates the Chamber’s many volunteers and recognizes a woman that has shown business excellence in her business environment and also recognize a woman who has been a Shining Example by contributing to the community in various ways. This is held in late October of each year.
- Annual Dinner and Small Business Awards Celebration is an opportunity for the Chamber to recognize and honor small businesses in our community. The Chamber awards the Small Business of the Year Award and Non-Profit Organization Award. This is held in January of each year. There is an election of a new Board of Directors, as needed.
- State of the Economy Breakfast is held during the year and provides members the opportunity to hear from highly respected representatives from our SC Department of Commerce about the economic landscape for the next business year.
Chamber members are recommended in response to requests of specific types of services and/or goods. A significant number of people visit, phone, and e-mail the Chamber each year in search of lodging, businesses, services, and places to visit. The Chamber staff recommends Chamber of Commerce members. Doing so recognizes members as a local support network that benefits the membership and the entire community.
Special List Publication
Visitors often inquire about accommodations, realtors, restaurants, and places to visit while in the area. To meet their needs, the Chamber produces all these listings and they are available upon request. The Chamber regularly sends requested information by mail, e-mail, and to visitors to the Chamber.
The Chamber sponsors Holiday on Main in December, an area favorite, with holiday themed activities to go along with the parade. The Chamber also supports the activities of John de la Howe Dairy Festival, Gold Rush Festival , Bells and Whistles Festival, International Heritage Festival, The McCormick Art Councils quarterly Art Trots, and Women in Business Luncheon.
Business and Government Relations
The Chamber works with the town and county, and partners with other agencies in an effort to bring more business and industry, as well as tourism, to McCormick County. The goal is to insure progressive, diversified economic growth, yet maintain the outstanding quality of life.
The Chamber has information available for businesses looking to locate in the community. Information is available on properties as well as Small Business Development information for new or expanding businesses.
Leadership opportunities exist for all members. The Board of Directors are elected from the membership representing, small business, professional, retail, and industry. All members are encouraged to take part in Board Activities.
Other Benefits for Members
Brochures are free of charge to visitors, newcomers and Chamber members.