The Bordeaux township remains an entity and reminder of the French Huguenot settlement of New Bordeaux in 1764.
Buffalo is a community in the vicinity of Buffalo Baptist Church.
Cedar Hill remains the vestige of a once-sprawling farming community that extended from about two miles west of McCormick along Cedar Hill Road and Barksdale Ferry Road to Little River.
Dowtin & Robinson
Dowtin and Robinson communities derive their names from families of the two surnames.
Liberty Hill received its name, according to legend, when Patriots raised a first-in-the-region “Liberty Pole” at the site during the American Revolution.
This community formed after the Meriwether family emigrated to Virginia from Wales during the seventeenth century.
Red Row community probably got its name from its red clay hills and from the winding roads that were variably dusty or muddy.
Sandy Branch section is a loosely defined, thickly settled area from just west of the Town of McCormick to the site of Chamberlain’s Ferry on Savannah River, including the still very active Republican Methodist Church.
Savannah Lakes Village
Savannah Lakes Village is a recreation-inspired lakefront sporting community in McCormick County.
White Town community received its name from the numerous families White.
The mission of the McCormick County Chamber of Commerce is to provide leadership and vision, programs, projects and initiatives that will promote and serve the community, its businesses and its citizens. We serve the whole county that includes our historic rail towns of Mt. Carmel, Willington, McCormick, Plum Branch, Parksville, Modoc and Clarks Hill.
P.O. Box 938, McCormick, SC 29835
100 South Main St., McCormick, SC 29835
Click for Driving Directions