Buffalo Community in McCormick County, South Carolina
Buffalo is a community in the vicinity of Buffalo Baptist Church. Buffalo Baptist Church was organized in 1786. The site of the first church building was on the Edward Collier Plantation on Barksdale Ferry Road three miles north of McCormick near Route 28 and Country Club Road. The church was later relocated two miles north to near its present-day location at a site donated by Jacob Britt. Henry Jones constructed the present church building in 1857. A mission church located at or near the original site of Buffalo Baptist was relocated to Dorn’s Mine and became McCormick First Baptist Church. Route 28, 7 mi. north of McCormick.
The mission of the McCormick County Chamber of Commerce is to provide leadership and vision, programs, projects and initiatives that will promote and serve the community, its businesses and its citizens. We serve the whole county that includes our historic rail towns of Mt. Carmel, Willington, McCormick, Plum Branch, Parksville, Modoc and Clarks Hill.
P.O. Box 938, McCormick, SC 29835
100 South Main St., McCormick, SC 29835
Click for Driving Directions